My uncle is a retired lawyer with a penchant for internet shopping and a flair for the unusual. He’s one of those people who pays attention to what you like, files that information way back in his brain and pulls it out at random moments.
Over the last year or so he’s sent us a collection of gifts that never fail to make us smile. This last weekend he sent us our favorite gift – a weekend with our Aunt Jan.
We are so grateful for the special moments we had with her, and the ways he lets us know he’s thinking of us throughout the year.
Thanks, Uncle Mark, for the generosity with the randomosity. (I made that last word up for you. You’re welcome.)
Top Ten Things You Never Knew You Wanted But Are Your Most Favorite Gifts From Uncle Mark Ever
10. Zombie Gnome Splatter Targets – I have a thing for gnomes AND zombies but ZOMG these scare me.
9. Wind up chattering teeth – I remember these from PeeWee’s Playhouse. Who knew they actually made them?
7. Sports gnomes – Eh, so they’re both representing some seriously shittastic teams. They’re cute. And one of them holds money.
6. A gross of glow sticks – Got a toddler? Buy glow sticks in bulk. Always a hit.
5. Gnome hats – I forced my family (here my husband, son, sister and nephews) to wear these for a photo last Christmas. It cracks me up. Just wait to see THIS year’s family Christmas photo. Muahahah. Ha.
4. Nose glasses – Pretty sure my second born will be wearing these in his/her first photo.
3. Hypodermic pens with fake blood – Yeah. Just plain awesome.
2. As Seen on TV – As seen in an informercial is now as seen in my office. Although I really have no idea what to do with this stuff.
1. Zombie Gnome – The favorite of the favorites. His name is Felix and he sits on my side table because I’m afraid if I put him outside people will be so tempted to steal him because of his awesomeness.
*Oh and hai – thanks to all who entered my $50 gift card giveaway last week! Check out the winner here.