Not just from all the compliments (sincere, I hope) about the ruby hair, but from some awesome bloggers who thought I deserved an award or two.
I got my first award back in May from Rach, who writes Life With Baby Donut. She gave me the Kreativ Blogger Award!
That was followed by Germaine over at Kiddothings who bestowed upon me the Versatile Blogger Award.
Now, I said thank you back then, but what I wasn’t aware of, because I am stoopid, is that I was supposed to write a post sharing a few random things about myself and pass the award on.
I realized this earlier this week when Laura at Catharsis was kind enough to also give me the Versatile Blogger Award.
So, Laura, thank you. And Rach and Germaine? Oops. I’m really sorry I biffed it earlier.
So without further ado, here are a few things about me you may not know.
1. Before I can drink a carbonated beverage out of a bottle, I must first blow into the bottle and clear out all the air. Otherwise, it tastes funny and makes me do that burp where your nose burns.
2. I cannot stand to be cuddled while I sleep, and my husband is a total snuggle slut, so we’ve arrived at a mutually agreeable solution: foot cuddling. My left foot and his right foot whisper sweet nothings to each other all night long. So sweet, unless you hate feet. (I’m lucky, hubs has nice feet.)
3. I’m the world’s worst backseat driver, but only with my husband. I can’t help it, the gasps and remarks are completely involuntary. As a result, he makes me drive. It’s something I’m really working on. He’s not even a bad driver, just absentminded. He missed the exit to our house once. Or twice. No lie.
4. I brush my teeth in the shower while my conditioner sets. Is that weird? It seems to save time.
5. I can’t watch Poltergeist alone. I had a babysitter once who let me watch it, and it permanently scarred my psyche. My mom had to watch the damn movie so she could figure out why I kept screaming “Red fingers! Red fingers!” I seriously just got chills writing that. Hold me.
6. I dream all the time about being able to move things with my mind. Perhaps this indicates a need for power, but I think it’s just that I’m so damn lazy.
Ok, that’s enough randomosity from me today. I need to choose a few bloggers and pass on these awards, yes?
So, for the Kreativ Blogger Award, I choose:
Jenn @ Fox in the City
Ruby @ Sarcasm 101
Galit @ These Little Waves
I’d like to pass on the Versatile Blogger Award to:
John @ Daddy’s in Charge
Guys, if you’ve already gotten this award before, lucky you! Now you have two! (I don’t want to hear it if this is your third time. Nobody likes a braggart.)
Also, for the next three hours, voting is open at Blogger Idol. I’m still hanging on, and I wrote about another group of awesome bloggers that you might want to check out. (And, *cough* voteformamamash.)